The first Christmas tree Justin and I had ended up without any pine needles because we never watered it. And I'm pretty sure we were two light bulbs away to causing a fire. For the next Christmas, we decided to chop one down from a local farm — so cute and romantic-like — and we accidently stole a tree out from under a seemingly lovely family. (That tree didn't stay all that hydrated, either, with pine needles scattered all over.)
On our third Christmas, we splurged on a 10-ft. tree to fill this enormous apartment we were renting — but we had to dump it a week later because we had to quickly move. (Long story.) So we went tree-less that Christmas.
Needless to say, we don't have all that much luck/skill with Christmas trees.
Then last year (our 5th Christmas together), my aunt dropped off this little 4.5-ft. Martha Stewart tree, thinking it would be cute for Noah's room. And you know what? We love it! It's pint-sized and perfect, without any maintenance or clean-up. And even though we'll probably start getting real trees once the kid(s) are bigger, this one will secretly be my favorite.
What about you? Do you like real or fake Christmas trees?
I hope you all have a lovely weekend! I had a busy week, but I have a lot to share with you next week. Here are some of my Babble links for the weekend:
- The gifts we never got as kids. And we're still bitter.
- And your chance to WIN one!
- Aren't these lovely?
- Another giveaway for the girls.
- Still looking for the perfect holiday photo card?
- Baby's First Christmas? Check these out. And these!
- I rounded up the very best maternity bras.
- There's a few days left to enter this giveaway! Enter! Enter!
- 10 things to look forward to.