This has been one crazy, hectic week -- as you can tell by my horrible blogging abandonment. Yet my July resolution is to get back to making this community a main priority, especially after reading so many of your wonderful emails. I do want to continue featuring all of your inspiring, unique, motivational stories, so email me if you haven't already. As for the weekend, it's the 4th of July here in the States! We have a party to go to tomorrow (yay!) and then I'll be holding down the fort while my husband is away for the rest of the holiday weekend/week. Question: When did you start bringing your kids to fireworks? Noah is 2.5 years old and I realized he's never seen fireworks! Why keep him up late just to be scared by the loud noises? But I think this might be the year.
Here are some things to share over the weekend:
- I'm a moderator over at the new I Heart My Pediatrician community (along with fellow "early mamas" Rachel and Amber), and we're chatting about health, doctors, milestones -- and pretty much everything kid-related. Come join the discussions!
- Isn't that flag cake incredible? It makes me want to throw a 4th of July shindig just to make one. Here are more 4th of July recipes.
- One dress for 100 days. Love the idea!
- This is one of the coolest ideas I've ever seen.
- The carnival room is my favorite, by far.
- But this might be my favorite post of the week.
- Woo-hoo! Again, again!
- A reason to make you move the kids in together.
- The best colorful kids' rooms.
- The most outrageous baby cribs.
- I wish I knew this when I was pregnant.
- Inspiration: Dreamy baby nurseries.
- Did you know you can rent maternity dresses? And that's it's flipping brilliant?
- Some patriotic maternity outfits for the 4th of July!
Happy Independence Day to all my fellow Americans, and have a wonderful, relaxing, sun-filled weekend! Meet you back here on Monday. xo
P.S.: It's July already?!